Max Pothmann | Autor | Bühnenbild & Requisitenbau | Köln-Bonn
Mehr Infos auf meiner Webseite www.maxpothmann.de

18.10.2011

Toilet Paper

There have been a few times when I thought that I'd found the trick. That I'd finally gotten then hang of it. That things were rolling along just fine and would keep doing so.

But it doesn't work that way and I can't even say if that counts for everyone or just people like me (the question is irrevelant anyhow).

What I've learned is that I have to keep learning the most simple things again and again. That as soon as I've understood certain rules of how to communicate with people, of how to deal with conflicts or (more difficult) with love - the situation presents itself from a new angle and I have to start from scratch again.

At first this was just a theoretical concept, which means - toilet paper. But after a couple of years of munching over it, I've come to realize that acknowledging not to be smart, wise or of deeper experience at all - my attitude towards live has changed profoundly.

I don't know much. And I won't ever.

It is very hard to know what my instincts are telling me. Because they do know. They always knew.

How do I know that? Simple answer: They've never failed me. "Failure" only came along when I didn't listen to them or - which keeps happening - when I couldn't hear what they were saying.

These thoughts jumped to my mind after watching Steve Jobs in a post by Melanie.

1 Kommentar:

  1. Ich find das Bild einer Spirale ganz passend: es kommen immer wieder dieselben Themen, aber auf einer höheren Ebene.

    AntwortenLöschen